Suppose that you have decided to build an online store because you have realised that your business needs to establish an online presence to promote sales and brand name in front of the potential customers. Now you have taken this decision, but another question arises, how to make online store? Fortunately they are some ecommerce platforms which are identified as software designed to build an online store. Among them, one of them is famous which goes by the name of Shopify.
Shopify is the ecommerce platform where you can design and build an online store. Many experts recommend using this store builder because of its two distinct features, first you can easily design the website; second you don’t any savvy technical skills to launch the website.
However we cannot say that with confirmation that it doesn’t have drawbacks, it does have. Below is the list of the advantages and disadvantages of using the Shopify as online store builder.
1. As aforementioned it is easy to set up, you just need to login in and register yourself as member. There is the feature of centralised dashboard where you can manage the content, images and blog effortlessly.
2. You can have access to their Theme store which consists of more than 100 professional themes to give your website a striking look. If you don’t find any eye catching theme, you can hire someone from Shopify website team to make one for you.
3. Shopify offers variety of payment options. With this feature, you don’t need to worry about offering your customer a limited range of choosing the payment mode.
4. It comes with built in SEO features. This feature is important in promoting your website, because when customers will type the products they are looking for in search engine, it will provide with numerous options. So it is important to improve your website ranking with this feature so that customers can come and buy your products.
Just like every other thing, even a rose has a thorn. Here is the list of disadvantages;
1. It’s not free; you have pay for every little thing, even for customising the theme, which can be expensive in near future.
2. If you are thinking of moving your online store from Shopify in near future, don’t even bother building it from start. Because it will gets difficult shifting your online store to another. Even if you are successful, all the content and data will be gone.
3. It comes with limited set of features. Also at some point you will need to learn some coding if you want to improvise your website.
In conclusion, if you think that you can handle the disadvantages of Shopify, then you can use it for building your online store.